GamerHacks
Welcome to my site! Please Login to start posting!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GamerHacks
Welcome to my site! Please Login to start posting!
GamerHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[UPDATED:]►FBANext PS3 r423 (Custom v3) – Big Reduction In Lag And Other Fixes

Go down

[UPDATED:]►FBANext PS3 r423 (Custom v3) – Big Reduction In Lag And Other Fixes  Empty [UPDATED:]►FBANext PS3 r423 (Custom v3) – Big Reduction In Lag And Other Fixes

Post by Admin February 24th 2011, 5:17 pm

Squarepusher popped up again with another new impressive custom update to the FBANext PS3 emulator which is repository project by Lantus.

This time, there are some major fixes and also improvement that squarepusher has included, particularly the big reduction in lag that resulted in much more stable FPS.

WHAT’S CHANGED SINCE V2:

Big reduction in lag
– also a far more stable FPS as a result of this (due to elimination of virtual function call overhead when a class would inherit from a base class with virtual functions).
You will notice the biggest improvements with fighting games for CPS2/CPS3 – but overall all games should benefit from this.

A new shader – tv-highcontrast-HD.
This basically mimics the look of a high-end CRT monitor. Set ‘Hardware Filter’ to Linear and select a resolution lower than or equal to 1440×1080 to get the best results (if you have triple buffering on – else it’s 960×1080 or lower for best results)

Fixed: A hang/freeze would occur after selecting a shader and then changing the resolution.

Fixed: You can now go back and forwards in the list when selecting a shader – press Left to go back one entry in the shader list, and press Right to go forward.

You can read the release note from squarepusher below.

As ever, I’ve included the diff file along with the pkg in the zip file. This includes all the patches I’ve done since the commit of r423 on Google Code.

There will be a new release of SNES9x shortly with similar lag reduction (by doing the same thing – getting rid of virtual function call overhead).

This has proven to be a big win so far – the only thing so far that has actually shown a substantial improvement/difference while trying out several PPC in-order optimization ‘tricks’

Directions:

Install the .pkg files using “Install Packages” function to get your homebrew up and running. Download the latest version of FBANext PS3 below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://gamerhacks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down